The building Hotel Lucia sits in today was constructed in 1909 by Phil Metschan (an enterprising German immigrant and entrepreneur) as an expansion of his popular Imperial Hotel. From its very beginning, the new wing of the Imperial Hotel played an important role in Portland’s culture and history, serving as a gathering spot for cattle ranchers visiting from eastern Oregon.
By the end of 1949, the Imperial Hotel was divided into two independent hotels, with the newer building taking the quite literal name, New Imperial Hotel.
The Sweet Benefits of Membership
- Best Rate Guarantee
- Flexible cancellation
- Contactless service
- Member discounts