9 Fun & Family Friendly Things to Do in Portland
From visiting with baby goats to ziplining, Portland offers tons of activities that are fun, memorable and family friendly. Check out some of our top picks below. And when you stay here at the Heathman Hotel, remember to ask about our kid friendly ‘glamping ’ experience which includes a colorful tent for the kiddos to sleep in, some milk and cookies.
1. Oaks Amusement Park: Opened in 1905, this mini amusement park is a 20-minute drive from downtown Portland. As one the oldest continually operating parks in the country, the vintage charm and nostalgic atmosphere is guaranteed to entertain.
Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash
2. Skyhook Ninja: See what if feels likes to be a real Ninja Warrior, kids will love it and parents get a much-deserved break.
3. Tree to Tree Adventure Park: An aerial adventure like no other. From ziplines to obstacles strapped between trees, everyone will have a blast while enjoying the views.
Photo by Tree To Tree Adventure Park on Instagram
4. Oregon Children’s Theater: A quaint performing-arts venue offering a lineup of family shows and acting classes.
5. Oregon Zoo: Sprawled across 64 acres, the zoo is a 10-minute drive from the Heathman and an enlightening, animal-filled event for the fam.
6. OMSI: This science and technology museum features three auditoriums, including a large-screen theatre, planetarium, and exhibition halls with tons of hands-on activities.
Photo by OMSI on Instagram
7. Oregon Heritage Farms: With 400 acres spread over four farms, the father and son founded farm grows around 12 varieties of apples just a 30-minute drive from downtown.
8. Portland Goat Party: Visit the farm and cuddle with these family-owned Nigerian Dwarf goats. They even offer baby goat therapy and yoga.
Photo by Portland Goat Parties on Instagram
9. Powell’s City of Books: Everyone will find something special among the treasure trove of reads offered up at one of the world's most renowned bookstores.
Photo by Powell's Books on Instagram
Game to find more fun? Here are a few additional resources:
Please note, hours of operation may be affected due to Covid-19 so please check the businesses websites directly for more information.