Happy Hour Cocktail Recipes 2 - Signature Old Fashioned Crafted by Westward Distillery
What’s more classic than an Old Fashioned? Here, our friends at Westward Whiskey are sharing their recipe for their timeless Old Fashioned. Perfect the technique in time for your next get together. Westward Whiskey has been blazing trails in Portland’s renowned distillery community since 2004. For nearly two decades, Westward Whiskey has brought something new, different and relevant to whiskey. A whiskey of the elements, Westward is born from the unique culture, climate, and abundant resources of the American Northwest. Their whiskey is matured to perfection in Oregon, where our hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters are the ideal environment to raise a world class whiskey.
Westward Old Fashioned
- 2 ounces Westward American Single Malt
- 1/4 ounces Portland Syrups Vanilla-Rooibos Syrup
- 2 dashes of Aromatic bitters, Portland Bitters Project
1. Stir ingredients with ice in a mixing glass
2. Pour over ice (perhaps something fun and fancy from @pdxice to impress)
3. Garnish with a zested orange peel and speared cherry.
You can find them in Southeast Portland at 65 SE Washington Street. Curbside pick-up now available for Portlanders, and shipping available to Oregon residents (and select states). And be sure to work a visit to their tasting room on your next trip to Portland.