The original Heathman Hotel was built in 1926, located at the intersection of Park and Salmon streets in downtown Portland by contractor and hotelier, George Heathman. By the following year, Portland had become a burgeoning city with a demand for higher-end accommodations to meet the social station and needs of the affluent residents and travelers passing through. Given the success of the first hotel, Heathman started construction on a sister property. In 1927, The New Heathman Hotel opened its doors, just a block from the original. It was a 10-story concrete and brick structure, with decorative details in the Jacobean Revival style. The second story and upper-floor windows were trimmed in stone, and the lobby’s dark wood paneling extended to the mezzanine level.
The Sweet Benefits of Membership
- Best Rate Guarantee
- Flexible cancellation
- Contactless service
- Member discounts