Completed in 1908 and designed in a French Renaissance style by Portland architectural firm Bennes, Hendricks and Tobey, the Cornelius Hotel was named after Dr. Charles W. Cornelius, an Oregon pioneer and Renaissance man. It was given the nickname “The House of Welcome” in the 1920s and celebrated for its proximity to the city’s shopping and theater districts as well as its opulent Ladies Reception Hall. The Cornelius Hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 but stood vacant until the reinvention into Woodlark began in 2015.
The Sweet Benefits of Membership
- Best Rate Guarantee
- Flexible cancellation
- Contactless service
- Member discounts